When using your telephone equipment, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock and injury to persons, including the following:
1. Read and understand the following instructions.
2. Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the product.
3. Unplug this product from the wall outlet before cleaning. Do not use liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners. Use a damp cloth for cleaning.
4. Do not use this product near water, for example, near a bathtub, washbowl, kitchen sink, or laundry tub, in a wet basement, or near a swimming pool.
5. Do not place this product on an unstable cart, stand, or table. The product may fall, causing serious damage to the product.
6. This product should never be placed near or over a radiator or heat register. This product should not be placed in a built-in installation unless proper ventilation is provided.
7. This product should be operated only from the type of power source indicated on the marking label. If you are not sure of the type of power supply to your home, consult your dealer or local power company.
8. Do not allow anything to rest on the power cord. Do not locate this product where the cord will be abused. (Example- by persons walking on it.)
9. Do not overload wall outlets and extension cords as this can result in the risk of fire or electrical shock.
10. Never push objects of any kind into this product through cabinet slots as they may touch dangerous voltage points or short out parts that could result in a risk of fire or electric shock. Never spill liquid of any kind on this product.
11. To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not disassemble this product, but take it to a qualified serviceman when service or repair work is required. Opening or removing covers may expose you to dangerous voltages or other risks. Incorrect reassembly can cause electric shock when the appliance is subsequently used.
12. Unplug this product from the wall outlet and refer servicing to qualified service personnel under the following conditions:
A. When the power supply cord or plug is damaged or frayed.
B. If liquid has been spilled into the product.
C. If the product has been exposed to rain or water.
D. If the product does not operate normally by following the operating instructions: Adjust only those controls, that are covered by the operating instructions because improper adjustment of other controls may result in damage and will often require extensive work by a qualified technician to restore the product to normal operation.
E. If the product has been dropped or the cabinet has been damaged.
F. If the product exhibits a distinct change in performance.
13. Avoid using a telephone (other than a cordless type) during an electrical storm. There may be a remote risk of electrical shock from lightning.
14. Do not use the telephone to report a gas leak in the vicinity of the leak.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!!!
1. Never install telephone wiring during a lightning storm.
2. Never install telephone jacks in wet locations unless the jack is specially designed for wet locations.
3. Never touch un-insulated telephone wires or terminals unless the telephone line has been disconnected at the network interface.
4. Use caution when installing or modifying telephone lines.